2013-08-12 17:58 by Ian
Of all of the vehicles I've ever driven, the Jeep Wrangler narrowly beat out the Porsche 944 turbo for the designation of "my favourite". If ever there was a mass-produced vehicle that catered to the DIY crowd, the Jeep is it.
"The Jeep is America's only real sports car."
This entry will serve as the root page for all the modification I've done to my 2006 Rubicon.
Turn-key upgrades to-date
- (Previous owner) K&N washable intake filter and re-location duct, with mass airflow sensor re-base chip
- Old Man Emu suspension lift kit
- Rancho steering stabilizer
- JKS Upper and lower front control arms
- Tuffy overhead radio console
- Smittybuilt dual battery tray and 250 amp isolator
- Several small aesthetic changes (bra, chrome hood latches, LED interior lighting)
Upgrades that are either custom-built, or not meant specifically for Jeeps
- Dual-band ham radio antenna (VHF/UHF)
- Bracket for the battery isolator and battery-bridge switch
- Heated seats
- Undercarriage lighting and control panel